Senior Environmental Engineer
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
The Characterization & Remediation Team within the Subsurface Science & Technology Group is seeking a highly motivated individual with a strong ethic of service to the scientific community and a commitment to both scientific excellence and national impact on critical scientific and technical problems.
- Lead organizational teams that proactively identify and promote new environmental remediation capabilities within the division and advance the directorate strategy.
- Select and develop technical approaches to complex cleanup challenges involving multiple tasks and moderate to high risk.
- Develop new environmental cleanup business within and beyond DOE to include DoD and industry.
- Serve as lead author or developer on a significant number of technical products.
- Manage scope, schedule, and budget for projects or large tasks.
- Mentor staff and peers across the directorate.
- Lead through operational discipline in both safety and security elements.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Battelle Memorial Institute (BMI) at Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL) is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and supports diversity in the workplace. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital or family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. All BMI staff must be able to demonstrate the legal right to work in the United States. BMI is an E-Verify employer. Learn more at jobs.pnnl.gov.
- BS/BA with 7 years of experience, MS/MA with 5 years of experience, PhD with 3 years of experience.
- Preferred education is a Masters or Ph.D. from an accredited college or university with at least 5 years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated and recognized expertise in deployment of multiple environmental remedial technologies.
- Experience working at contaminated sites for both the federal government and industry.
- Ability to interface directly with clients and sponsors in technical and non-technical matters so as to acquire funding for self and teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as demonstrated by a record of publications in peer reviewed journals and presentations at major conferences.
Organization and Job ID
Job ID: 308074
Directorate: Energy & Environment
Division: Earth Systems Science
Group: Subsurface Science & Technology
- This position will involve office, laboratory, and field work. As such, travel to offsite locations may be required. Lab and field work conditions may include radiological, chemical, biological, and munitions constituent’s hazards.