Group Administrator, Optimization & Control
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
- Provide administrative support, ie…create meeting minutes from weekly group manager/team lead meetings, and coordinate workflow for group manager and staff.
- Maintain a high-level of professionalism and courtesy. Be responsive to staff requests and follow through timely with action items.
- Organize staff meetings by coordinating speakers, hand-outs, room logistics, equipment, and M&R, as requested.
- Working with potential interview candidates by setting up job interviews, travel arrangements, meetings with key staff, agendas, and processing expense reports. Good communication and professionalism with the interview candidate is necessary to ensure a good first impression of PNNL.
- Assist group manager in meeting due dates and action items including those related to staff evaluations, promotions, changes in employment status and other HR related issues, as well as special projects as needed.
- Assist in onboarding of new staff, including ordering necessary computer equipment, setting up office space, meetings with appropriate PNNL staff, and making sure training is done in a timely manner
- Support (with project coordinators) in the collection of staff accomplishments for input to reports and group newsletters.
- Process documents through the PNNL information release process and make updates, track non-compliance issues by working with responsible author(s) and bring to the manager items that need corrective action.
- Submit badge requests and other relevant processes for staff, students and visitors, including foreign nationals. Work with immigration specialist to complete and submit Visa requests.
- Purchase office supplies and group equipment using P-card and B2B systems, and be knowledgeable about prohibited purchases, special requirements, related shipping and property management issues, and ensure compliance with lab procedures.
- Maintain office files, office machines, and supplies in accordance with PNNL standards.
- Apply independent evaluation and judgment for handling sensitive issues and unconventional situations and for taking appropriate action or making referrals to other sources, using HDI and PNNL policies as the source for decisions and actions.
- Enter data in training systems such as ICAM, IOPS and NELS for staff as needed.
- Create and process travel requests and expense reports for staff.
- Manage and work with office move coordinator (including Service Request System) for all moves and modifications within the group.
- Serve as a central resource to all staff by providing guidance on PNNL policies and procedures.
- Work closely with project coordinators within the group, maintain effective working relationships with administrative counterparts across PNNL, and with sponsor contacts, other national laboratories, universities and industry organizations.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Battelle Memorial Institute (BMI) at Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL) is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and supports diversity in the workplace. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital or family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. All BMI staff must be able to demonstrate the legal right to work in the United States. BMI is an E-Verify employer. Learn more at jobs.pnnl.gov.
- High School Diploma 3-5 years’ experience in an administrative environment, or combination of education and experience. Experience in planning meetings and coordinating travel.
- Must possess reasonable knowledge of MS Office Suite.
- Must be able to perform advanced administrative support functions and have the ability to effectively apply procedures, work independently.
- Must be able to multi-task, and manage several tasks at any given time with consistently high quality.
- Must be able to demonstrate discretion and good judgment.
- Must be able to provide guidance new staff when necessary.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
Organization and Job ID
Job ID: 308065
Directorate: Energy & Environment
Division: Electricity Infrastructure & Buildings
Group: Optimization & Control