Full/Part Time: Full-Time
At Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL), we're moving the boundaries of science through our interdisciplinary approach to solving challenges in energy and the environment, national security and fundamental sciences. It's these advancements today that will bring about big changes for tomorrow—in our nation and in the world. This position is a key player in a dynamic human resources team with high impact responsibilities as a Recruiter and Human Resources Manager to attract, retain and develop top talent to the Laboratory.
The position will collaborate with the PNNL Recruiting team and hiring managers to develop the acquisition elements of a Talent Management Strategy to meet the current and future needs, identify and source candidates, and perform full cycle recruiting activities (sourcing, screening, interviewing, selection, offer negotiation and closing). Will serve as a HR Manager for succession planning, talent management, recruiting, employee relations, compensation, training and development. Will consult with staff and managers to address root causes and resolve employee relations issues consistent with PNNL’s values and policies. Be the initial point of contact for issue resolution, conduct investigations, generate reports, and prepare presentations.
• Utilize a variety of sourcing techniques to recruit wide variety of engineering and scientific disciplines and levels.
• Plan and participate in representing the Laboratory at recruiting and diversity events.
• Work to achieve metrics and goals including quality of applicant pools, diversity, number of hires, and time-to-fill. Will leverage data to guide decision making and provide proactive solutions.
• Team with line managers in workforce planning and to design and implement change management strategies that support business success.
• Develop and manage effective working relationships with all levels of staff and managers. Conduct mentoring and training activities for directorate staff.
• Provide direction and guidance to HR administrative staff in the course of performing various recruiting and HR related duties.
• Ensure compliance with all State and Federal employment laws and PNNL policies.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Battelle Memorial Institute (BMI) at Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL) is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and supports diversity in the workplace. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital or family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. All BMI staff must be able to demonstrate the legal right to work in the United States. BMI is an E-Verify employer. Learn more at jobs.pnnl.gov.
Bachelor’s degree and 6+ years of relevant recruiting and human resources management experience, or advanced degree and 4+ years of relevant experience.
Must have experience in employee relations, conducting investigations
Experience with ATS and HRIS systems
Experience in employee relations, conducting investigations and employment law compliance.
Strong communication skills with ability to engage and influence outcomes.
Professional certification(s) preferred (HRCI – PHR or SPHR; SHRM – CP or SCP, etc.).
Previous experience executing on a client’s talent strategy.
Organization and Job ID
Job ID: 308051
Directorate: Human Resources
Division: HR Deployed & Shared Services
Group: Consulting Group