Project Administrator, Subsurface Science & Technology
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
The Subsurface Science & Technology Group seeks a highly motivated individual to organize and execute work as a member of the administrative team within PNNL’s Earth Systems Science Division. The position provides direct administrative support to one technical team with approximately 12 scientific and engineering staff and broader indirect support to the Subsurface Science & Technology Group comprised of about 65 staff. The position also receives direction from the group and division administrators, supporting workflow and backfill across the group and division. The individual should demonstrate a strong sense of service and teamwork as part of PNNL’s commitment to both scientific excellence and national impact on critical scientific and technical problems.
The Administrator Level 2 position requires a basic understanding of PNNL policies, procedures, and practices as well as the ability to articulate these policies and procedures to multiple audience levels. Key responsibilities and attributes for the position are as follows.
- Provide responsive and confidential assistance to the Geophysics & Geomechanics Team lead and staff in the full range of project, business, administrative, and personnel needs and issues.
- Be a resource to staff on administrative matters such as booking and expensing travel; ordering materials, equipment, and supplies; scheduling meetings; managing property; and submitting service requests.
- Support the team lead in the hiring and onboarding process.
- Maintain common functional areas and equipment (i.e., printer, copier, fax, etc.) for team use.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office with expertise in Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Ability to manage email with a high degree of speed and accuracy.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Function independently and within a team environment.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Battelle Memorial Institute (BMI) at Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL) is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and supports diversity in the workplace. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital or family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. All BMI staff must be able to demonstrate the legal right to work in the United States. BMI is an E-Verify employer. Learn more at jobs.pnnl.gov.
- High School Diploma, 2+ years of experience in a clerical or administrative environment, or combination of education and experience.
- Experience working as an administrator for a team of 10+ staff
- Ability to deal with frequent and complex travel arrangements to domestic and foreign locations.
- Familiarity with Purchasing Card systems.
- Knowledge of chemical ordering practices.
- Experience working for PNNL, DOE, or other government contractor.
Organization and Job ID
Job ID: 308050
Directorate: Energy & Environment
Division: Earth Systems Science
Group: Subsurface Science & Technology