Post Doc Research Associate - Power System Dynamics
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
The Electric Infrastructure (EI) group at Pacific Northwest National Lab seeks a post-doc to conduct research in the following areas:
• Transmission, distribution and communication systems modeling and co-simulation
• Power system protection and control
Equal Employment Opportunity
Battelle Memorial Institute (BMI) at Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL) is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and supports diversity in the workplace. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital or family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. All BMI staff must be able to demonstrate the legal right to work in the United States. BMI is an E-Verify employer. Learn more at jobs.pnnl.gov.
Candidates must have received a PhD within the past five years (60 months) or within the next 8 months from an accredited college or university.
• The candidate must have a solid background in power transmission and/or distribution system modeling, simulation, protection and control.
• Familiar with power simulation software, such as PSCAD, ATP/EMTP, PSS/E, GridLAB-D, OpenDSS, NS-3.
• Familiar with power system communication systems and communication simulators, such as ns-3, is preferred.
• Good programming skills with Python, C++, Java, etc.
• Experience with development of algorithms for power system protection and control is a plus.
Ph.D. degree in electric power system or related field.
3.5 GPA or higher is preferred
Organization and Job ID
Job ID: 307990
Directorate: Energy and Environment
Division: Electricity Infrastructure & Buildings
Group: Electricity Infrastructure