Full/Part Time: Full-Time
The applicant will accept assignments from the administrators, project coordinators, research staff and managers within the division and work to complete those tasks with direction, in a team environment, or independently, as the specific task requires. The applicant is expected to take the initiative in completing routine assignments to ensure smooth operations. Routine decisions may be made independently, while non-routine decisions will be made under the guidance of and done within the framework of established PNNL policies and procedures.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Making travel arrangements, submitting Advance Travel Requests (ATR) and completing expense reports.
- Creating and/or updating Information Release forms.
- Arranging shipment of documents and equipment.
- Providing back-up support to administrators or project coordinators as needed.
- Assisting with meeting preparation (catering, room set-up, printing materials such as badges, table tents, etc.).
- Processing visitors through PNNL's various internal systems according to applicable policies and procedures.
- Procurement of various items using the Purchase Card (P-Card) and via Business-to-Business (B2B) orders.
- Typing, editing, and distributing documents, reports, correspondence, articles, presentation summaries, agendas, forms and facsimiles.
- Arranging meetings and creating agendas for staff.
- Assisting with bringing in group interns, summer hires, permanent hires.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Battelle Memorial Institute (BMI) at Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL) is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and supports diversity in the workplace. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital or family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. All BMI staff must be able to demonstrate the legal right to work in the United States. BMI is an E-Verify employer. Learn more at jobs.pnnl.gov.
- High School Diploma 2+ years’ experience in a clerical or administrative environment, or combination of education and experience.
- Proficient use of standard office equipment and tools such as MS Office Suite, (Outlook, Word, Excel) PowerPoint.
- The ability to prioritize work, coordinate calendars/schedules, and meet commitments and action items.
- Technology savvy, able to quickly learn new systems accurately and effectively.
- Understanding office support functions, possessing the ability to effectively apply procedures and working with minimal supervision.
- Discretion and good judgment about processing/disclosing sensitive or confidential information.
Organization and Job ID
Job ID: 307976
Directorate: Energy & Environment
Division: Electricity Infrastructure & Buildings