Manager, Protective Force Program
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
• Responsible and accountable for the development, implementation, and management of the Protective Force Program, to include Investigations.
• Responsible for oversight of the Security Operations Center (Laboratory Single Point of Contact) to include supervisory, programmatic and budgetary oversight of staff.
• Directs, establishes and maintains the assigned programs and program resources for the Laboratory and is responsible for leading staff and other Division/Directorate staff and management as necessary in fulfilling program responsibilities to the satisfaction of internal and external client requirements.
• Responsible for establishing and maintaining liaison relationships by networking with local Law Enforcement Agencies (LEA), to facilitate mutual aid and foster awareness of Laboratory needs in the event LEA support is necessary, through effective implementation of a Memorandum of Understanding between entities.
• Assigned the development and implementation of the Protective Force Program and protection strategy, including the Security Operations Center, Security Officers (SO), SO training and qualification, and SO facilities, equipment, and communications; serves as the lead for security events, associated staff, programmatic requirements, and program asset/budget responsibility.
• Establishes and maintains liaison relationships by networking with PNNL management and staff, Department of Energy, Field Intelligence Element (FIE), LEAs, Hanford Patrol, and other contractors to foster integration and best practices and meet division goals.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Battelle Memorial Institute (BMI) at Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL) is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and supports diversity in the workplace. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital or family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. All BMI staff must be able to demonstrate the legal right to work in the United States. BMI is an E-Verify employer. Learn more at jobs.pnnl.gov.
• Bachelor’s degree plus 10+ years of relevant experience or a Master’s degree plus 8+ years of relevant experience. Typical related management experience should include, initiating, planning, executing, controlling, and closing processes.
• Possesses related line management experience including initiating, planning, executing, controlling, and closing processes as well as effective staff management and development skills. Ability to successfully communicate, integrate, and coordinate with internal staff, stakeholders, and external customers and effectively guide and mentor staff.
• Has a solid technical background in the assigned programs and the ability to identify and manage issues before they become detrimental to the success of the programs or peripheral programs; able to routinely interact or represent PNNL’s capabilities to senior management, key clients, and stakeholders.
• Possesses a comprehensive understanding of effective project management practices and principles and demonstrates proficiency in applying a disciplined approach to project management.
Organization and Job ID
Job ID: 307784
Directorate: Operational Systems Directorate (OSD)
Division: Safeguards and Security Division
Group: Protective Force Program
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a federal security clearance.
* U.S. Citizenship
* Background Investigation: Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified matter in accordance 10 CFR 710, Appendix B.
* Drug Testing: All Security Clearance (L or Q) positions will be considered by the Department of Energy to be Testing Designated Positions which means that they are subject to applicant, random, and for cause drug testing. In addition, applicants must be able to demonstrate non-use of illegal drugs, including marijuana, for the 12 consecutive months preceding completion of the requisite Questionnaire for National Security Positions (QNSP).
Note: Applicants will be considered ineligible for security clearance processing by the U.S. Department of Energy until non-use of illegal drugs, including marijuana, for 12 consecutive months can be demonstrated.
Special/Hazardous Working Conditions or Environment:
• May be expected to be available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.