Quantum Information Scientist
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
• Designs and develops algorithms and software for quantum information systems.
• Researches and advances theories of quantum information sciences.
• Studies mathematical foundations for quantum information sciences.
• Produces peer-reviewed papers, technical presentations, and other technical artifacts for internal and external use.
Discipline, principal job duties/expectations, and qualitative and quantitative measures of performance that exceed the Functional Descriptor:
• Supports applied theoretical and computational research efforts in quantum information science.
• Participates in research in quantum information sciences, particularly in quantum computing and quantum-enhanced sensing.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Battelle Memorial Institute (BMI) at Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL) is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and supports diversity in the workplace. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital or family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. All BMI staff must be able to demonstrate the legal right to work in the United States. BMI is an E-Verify employer. Learn more at jobs.pnnl.gov.
BS/BA with 5 years of experience; MS/MA with 3 years of experience; PhD with 1 year of experience
• Demonstrated research experience and publication record in quantum information sciences.
• Ability to obtain a US security clearance is preferred.
Organization and Job ID
Job ID: 307757
Directorate: Physical & Computational Sciences
Division: Advanced Computing Mathematics & Data
Group: High Performance Computing