Senior Chemical Engineer
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
PNNL is involved in conducting world-class, impactful research and development for converting biomass to fuels and chemicals. This position will lead projects and requires both technical expertise and project management skills. In particular the incumbent will have technical experience in catalytic processing and knowledge related to fuels and/or chemicals processing. This position will involve leading technical teams internal to PNNL, as well as collaboration with other technical teams outside of PNNL. The position will also involve frequent interactions with sponsors of the project work. This position will be involved in leading business development efforts as well as efforts to publish reports, journal articles and presenting results at conferences and at high level meetings.
- Expert in at least one S&E domain and the ability to connect multiple domains.
- Sought after within PNNL for technical leadership to set technical direction.
- Principal investigator (PI) or co-PI on multiple or significantly complex, and/or high risk projects or tasks and/or involving multiple tasks, capabilities, and organizations.
- Develops, and realizes new significant project opportunities, leading the development of technical sections of large proposals. Takes lead in scope, schedule, and budget for projects or large tasks.
- Recognized by sponsors and collaborators for delivery on important programmatic elements.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Battelle Memorial Institute (BMI) at Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL) is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and supports diversity in the workplace. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital or family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. All BMI staff must be able to demonstrate the legal right to work in the United States. BMI is an E-Verify employer. Learn more at jobs.pnnl.gov.
- BS/BA with 7 years of experience, MS/MA with 5 years of experience, or PhD with 3 years of experience.
- BS in Chemical Engineering or Industrial Chemistry with 7 years of experience, or MS/MA in Chemical Engineering or Industrial Chemistry with 5 years of experience, or PhD in Chemical Engineering or Industrial Chemistry with 3 years of experience.
- Industrial experience in the petrochemical/chemical industry.
Organization and Job ID
Job ID: 307747
Directorate: Energy & Environment
Division: Energy Processes & Materials
Group: Chemical & Biological Process Development