Full/Part Time: Full-Time
This position provides administrative support to the Laboratory Director’s Office (LDO) as a member of the administrative support team. This includes administrative support to the Office of the Deputy Director for Science and Technology, which includes the Directors for Research Partnerships, Institutional S&T Investments, and Business Capture and Proposal Development; Special Assistant to the Laboratory Director, the Laboratory Director’s Chief Executive Assistant (CEA), and the Executive Assistants (EA) to the Deputy Director for Science & Technology and Chief Operations Officer.
The LDO is a fast-paced and dynamic environment requiring a high degree of professionalism and proactiveness to anticipate and react to changes in daily operations. This position will interact with PNNL leadership and staff, as well as high level visitors and external VIPs. This individual will also handle sensitive and confidential information requiring a high degree of professionalism. This position will also provide general reception duties for the LDO and will interact with others in accomplishing work objectives.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities: This position reports to the DDST and provides administrative support to work of the LDO. Duties may include managing and triaging schedules and emails, booking and expensing complex travel, conference room scheduling, fielding telephone calls, receiving and directing visitors, document creation/editing, creating spreadsheets and presentations, and filing. This individual routinely takes initiative with respect to his/her daily work and independently prioritizes and organizes work, seeking clarification when needed. Specific responsibilities include:
•Provides administrative support to the Office of the DDST, which includes scheduling meetings and arranging travel for three Directors. Assists the DDST EA in coordinating activities and tasks in which the DDST is sponsor or steward for, such as Strategic Partnerships, Director’s Lecture Series, Research M&O Program, Council of Fellows, Business Capture and Proposal Development, etc.
• Provides administrative support to the Special Assistant to the Laboratory Director, which may include calendaring and meetings, answering phones, generating emails and memos, and filing. Meets to review upcoming meetings and required actions; gathers information for meetings; prepares correspondence, presentations, and reports; conducts information searches, making content selection and synthesis of information for governance and advisory meetings.
• Provides adhoc support to the CEA as needed, duties may include: preparing letters for signature and maintaining letter book records, coordinating activities for meetings and workshops, badge requests, ordering supplies, expense reports, etc.
• Organizes, prioritizes, and maintains administrative records and business sensitive files in accordance with PNNL records management policies and procedures. Develops and maintains one or more file server/SharePoint sites to enable information sharing.
• Coordinates and maintains the calendars for LDO conference rooms; as requested also schedules appointments for the Lab Director and Deputy Directors; assists in arranging logistics for onsite and offsite meetings and workshops; and coordinates visitor security preparations.
• Serves as the LDO pcard holder for subscriptions, memberships, general office equipment and materials management, maintaining and replenishing supplies and inventory in accordance with Laboratory policies and procedures.
• Serves as the LDO receptionist, fielding and responding to general questions or redirecting inquiries as appropriate. Handles requests with discretion, maintaining confidentiality where necessary.
• Recommends process improvements affecting the LDO organizational unit. Teams with others to develop solutions.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Battelle Memorial Institute (BMI) at Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL) is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and supports diversity in the workplace. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital or family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. All BMI staff must be able to demonstrate the legal right to work in the United States. BMI is an E-Verify employer. Learn more at jobs.pnnl.gov.
High School Diploma 3-5 years’ experience in an administrative environment, or combination of education and experience.
• Knowledge of PNNL policies and procedures, and organizational structure.
• Knowledge of standard Laboratory software (PeopleSoft, Expense Travel System).
• Experience in planning meetings and coordinating travel is required.
• Must have experience managing, prioritizing, and executing multiple tasks simultaneously and consistently; working independently; exercising sound judgment and initiative; strong written and oral communications skills, and experience working in environment's where strict confidentiality is understood.
• Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office 2013 (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and the Internet.
• Experience working effectively with staff at all levels of the organization and from different disciplines.
Organization and Job ID
Job ID: 307629
Directorate: Laboratory Director's Office
Division: Deputy Director for Science & Technology