Full/Part Time: Full-Time
The primary purpose of this position is to provide comprehensive support to the Nuclear Smuggling Detection and Deterrence (NSDD) Program. This position has the responsibility to establish and implement cohesive administrative processes that can consistently and effectively support the Project Manager, Deputy Project Manager, and the overall support and administration of the program staff, while satisfying all PNNL requirements.
This position requires working with other administrative and support staff as well as providing leadership to other members of the NSDD administrative team.
The incumbent must have the ability to:
- Work independently and prioritize heavy workloads.
- Monitor, analyze, and communicate action items and situational events.
- Identify & make recommendations to resolve administrative issues/processes.
- Set an example for positive working relationships with co-workers.
- Demonstrate personal accountability for commitments/action items, prioritization of duties, ES&H, security and related operational requirements.
- Manage communications (email, phone, memos, etc.) with considerable skill, a very short response time, and relatively mature judgment and awareness of sensitivities.
- Assist in calendar management; event scheduling;
- Process visitors through PNNL's internal systems.
- Coordinate visits and travel (domestic and foreign), including but not limited to: initial drafting and preparation of agenda, calendar scheduling of event, travel arrangements, and processing security clearances.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Battelle Memorial Institute (BMI) at Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL) is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and supports diversity in the workplace. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital or family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. All BMI staff must be able to demonstrate the legal right to work in the United States. BMI is an E-Verify employer. Learn more at jobs.pnnl.gov.
High school education and 6 or more years of progressively responsible administrative experience, or an equivalent combination of relevant training and experience required.
Must be able to: demonstrate proficient use of standard office equipment; demonstrate proficient use of MS Office Suite; prioritize work, and coordinate calendars/schedules; be responsible for commitments and action items. Must understand office support functions and possess the ability to effectively apply procedures, work independently, and direct workflow of others as appropriate. Must be able to identify potential administrative problems/areas for continuous improvement and recommend solutions. Must be able to: use discretion and good judgment; independently make decisions; positively interact with a wide-variety of PNNL staff and clients of all levels; resolve and/or advise management on a wide range of administrative issues; provide training and guidance to less senior or new staff when necessary. Excellent communication skills required.
- Office management skill set
Organization and Job ID
Job ID: 307542
Directorate: National Security
Division: Operational Systems and Technology
Group: Technology Systems Integration
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a federal security clearance.
* U.S. Citizenship
* Background Investigation: Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified matter in accordance 10 CFR 710, Appendix B.
* Drug Testing: All Security Clearance (L or Q) positions will be considered by the Department of Energy to be Testing Designated Positions which means that they are subject to applicant, random, and for cause drug testing. In addition, applicants must be able to demonstrate non-use of illegal drugs, including marijuana, for the 12 consecutive months preceding completion of the requisite Questionnaire for National Security Positions (QNSP).
Note: Applicants will be considered ineligible for security clearance processing by the U.S. Department of Energy until non-use of illegal drugs, including marijuana, for 12 consecutive months can be demonstrated.