Full/Part Time: Full-Time
This position reports to the Technical Group Manager of the Energy Policy & Economics (EP&E) Group and is accountable for providing business planning, performance tracking (financial and deliverables), project administration, and proposal development support as a member of a team of Project Coordinators/Administrators within EP&E Group.
Work assignments are received from Senior Project Coordinators and Project Managers. This position is expected to take the initiative in completing project administration and management processes and procedures to ensure a smooth operation.
Responsibilities for this position include:
• Assist project managers and coordinators with financial/contractual activities procurements, acquisitions, clear financial invalids, update financial spreadsheets, maintain work breakdown structures, etc.
• Maintain project files and process for closeout and archive.
• Maintain general and project files of all records, correspondence, and forms using the PNNL Total Records Information Management (TRIM) system.
• Set up and manage contracts/procurements. Procurement of miscellaneous items using a PNNL Purchasing Card.
• Manage project/program priorities and deadlines independently with the use of good judgment.
• Communications with internal and external sponsors, collaborators and staff. Manage phones, messaging, email, electronic collaboration tools for the assigned project/program.
• Independently track action items, prepare documents for meetings and facilitate electronic communication links with internal and external collaborators through the use of websites, SharePoint sites and video conferences. Arrange meetings for project/program teams on and off campus, carefully following PNNL guidelines and purchasing restrictions.
• Serve as an information resource on PNNL policies, procedures and guidelines related to project life cycle.
• Mentor and coach junior project coordinator/administrative staff.
• Resolve and/or advise management on a wide range of project management/administration issues.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Battelle Memorial Institute (BMI) at Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL) is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and supports diversity in the workplace. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital or family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. All BMI staff must be able to demonstrate the legal right to work in the United States. BMI is an E-Verify employer. Learn more at jobs.pnnl.gov.
• Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years of relevant experience, or advanced degree.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated intermediate to advanced Excel skills, MS Project skills a plus.
• Bachelor’s Degree and 4+ Years of PNNL experience.
• Extensive knowledge of Battelle, PNNL and DOE project management, proposal, and financial policies, procedures, resources and organization structure.
Organization and Job ID
Job ID: 307538
Directorate: Energy & Environment
Division: Electricity Infrastructure & Buildings
Group: Energy Policy & Economics