Manager, Human Resources Shared Services
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Pacific Northwest National Laboratory is seeking a creative, innovative and passionate Senior Human Resources Professional with proven success working in a scientific, technical or high-tech corporate environment to design, implement and lead an integrated and efficient HR service center. In this newly created role, the Manager of Human Resources Shared Services will have the opportunity and responsibility to build a shared HR services model for PNNL from the ground up. This person will define the vision for how HR services such as relocation or visa processing should be delivered across the organization in a way that meets the business and strategic needs of the organization and lead the organization’s transition to this new integrated operating model. The manager of Human Resources Shared Services reports directly to the HR Director and will lead the team of Human Resources Managers and Human Resources Assistants, including relocation and work visa processing. Our ideal candidate must have robust experience building new processes and policies to support a successful human resources shared service delivery model and should bring thought leadership, influence, and expertise in Human Resources disciplines.
• Provide the vision, direction and leadership to design and execute a cost-effective shared service model at PNNL.
• Identify, standardize and migrate existing or create new HR processes and policies needed to support the model.
• Develop innovative solutions, standard operating procedures (SOPs) and service level agreements (SLAs).
• Effectively engage with directorate HR Managers and executives to understand the strategy, practices and nuances inherent in each directorate and identifying opportunities to drive institutional consistency in partnership with HR Core team members.
• Develop and maintain relationships with strategic internal partners, retaining a strong customer-focused mindset while ensuring adherence to policies and delivery of an exceptional employee experience to employees at all levels.
• Champion continuous improvement and process optimization.
• Contribute to the strategic direction of Human Resources through active participation on the HR Leadership Team.
• Lead and develop a team of deployed HR mangers who partner with their directorate’s senior executives to deliver strategic leadership development, organizational development and talent management that meets the strategic needs of their directorates.
Vision and Delivery
We are looking for innovative approaches for delivering Human Resources services, with an unwavering focus on efficiently and effectively serving the needs of the organization.
Our ideal candidate will also
• Serve as a key advisor to the Human Resources Director and Human Resources Leadership team on the strategy, development and execution of a shared service model that meets the organization’s needs today and for the future.
• Demonstrate a collaborative, inclusive, and collegial leadership style; personal integrity; good judgment; intellectual curiosity; superior communication skills; resilience; and commitment to the mission of PNNL.
• Contribute to the HR dimensions of PNNL’s strategic plans and operational activities are compliant with regulations and contracts, effectively implemented, consistently monitored and continually improved.
• Lead a dynamic team and be accountable for attracting and developing team members.
• Strategically and effectively manage staff and budgets for associated HR activities and projects.
*This position will remain open until filled.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Battelle Memorial Institute (BMI) at Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL) is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and supports diversity in the workplace. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital or family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. All BMI staff must be able to demonstrate the legal right to work in the United States. BMI is an E-Verify employer. Learn more at jobs.pnnl.gov.
• Bachelor’s degree plus 8+ years relevant experience; or Master’s degree plus 6+ years of relevant experience. Preferred degree fields in human resources, business, finance or related discipline.
• Preferred experience in human resources or related business function in an industry with R&D, science or technology focus.
• Minimum 5 years management/leadership experience.
• Previous experience creating/implementing a shared service center is required.
• Experience in business process planning, analysis and assessments. Solid strategic planning capability to lead and build the human resources function in support of business objectives.
• Experience working in a managerial role in an HR shared service environment preferred.
• Skilled at consensus building across a broad spectrum of stakeholders and interest groups with internal and external organizations, regulatory agencies, providers and the community.
• Strong business acumen.
• Project management experience.
• Experience analyzing and managing performance driven by metrics.
• Must have success in fostering teams among diverse individuals to achieve business goals.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook and various HRIS (we use PeopleSoft).
Organization and Job ID
Job ID: 307528
Directorate: Human Resources
Division: HR Deployed & Shared Services