High School Student Bus Intern - Chemcial & Biological Process Development Admin Assistant (Academic)
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL) is seeking ambitious, high-caliber junior or senior high school students for intern assignments within the High School Student Business Intern (HS SBI) program. This internship provides an opportunity for high school students interested in business careers to work during the academic year with a mentor in a specified business area. Students attend regular classes in their school for half a day and work up to four hours a day, five days each week at the Laboratory.
This position provides entry-level support to the Chemical & Biological Process Development group, working with the Group Administrator.
Tasks will include:
• assist in coordination of, and preparation for, meetings, presentations, internal and external reports, reviews, visits, and other important events;
• Purchase group supplies/equipment using an internal Business to Business program
• Assist with staff travel, including arranging travel and expense report
• Organize and maintain files and materials
• Schedule meetings and coordinate staff calendars
****BEFORE YOU APPLY****
When asked to upload your resume to your application, you need to upload one (1) PDF file that includes the following:
1. Cover Letter
3. Unofficial transcript
4. Personal Statement: Describe who you are beyond your academic achievements and potential. Offer information in regards to what kind of activities, leadership or experiences you’ve had that contributed toward your interest in a business career.
APPLICATIONS THAT DO NOT INCLUDE THE ITEMS ABOVE IN THEIR SINGLE PDF UPLOAD WILL BE DISQUALIFIED AS INCOMPLETE.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PNNL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse, talented workforce. EOE Disability/Vet/M/F/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Staff at PNNL must be able to demonstrate the legal right to work in the United States.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled as a sophomore, junior or senior in a public or private high school at time of application.
- Applicants must be 16 years of age by August 2018.
- Applicants must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher (from beginning of 9th grade to current standing).
Relevant Course Work Desired: Business, Computer Applications, English, Technology, Algebra 2 or practical math,
Computer Skills Desired: Microsoft office
Other Desired Skills: Good communication skills Customer service oriented Good organizational skills Takes initiative Problem solver
Organization and Job ID
Job ID: 307426
Directorate: Energy and Environment
Division: Energy Processes and Materials
Group: Chemical and Biological Process Development