Distribution Power Engineer
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
The Electricity Infrastructure Group within Pacific Northwest National Laboratory is currently seeking a Power System Engineer. This position will provide support to the Laboratory's research in electrical power system distribution and demand response technologies. This position will focus on systems analysis for electric distribution systems, working closely with the power industry, in one or more of the following areas: electric power distribution design and analysis, power system planning, operations and control, and load modeling and demand response. Primary emphasis of this position will be the use of industry standard software, and the development of new modeling and analysis capabilities for analyzing power system behavior. Familiarity with distribution simulation tools, such as GridLAB-D, OpenDSS, CYMDIST, SynerGEE, etc., is preferred. Writing reports, conference and journal papers, and presenting results of the work are expectations of this position.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
• The candidate would be expected to be a contributor to projects within their field of specialization.
• Impact primarily within the Technical Group and their field of specialty.
• The successful candidate would be expected to perform independently the activities assigned but under the general direction and guidance of the Principle Investigator and/or Project Manager.
• This position reports to the Team Lead, Distribution and Demand Response in the Electricity Infrastructure Group.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PNNL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse, talented workforce. EOE Disability/Vet/M/F/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Staff at PNNL must be able to demonstrate the legal right to work in the United States.
• Bachelor’s degree with 2 years of experience, Master’s degree with 0-2 years of experience, or a PhD.
• Ph.D. with industry internship experience is preferred.
• Familiarity with distribution simulation tools, such as GridLAB-D, OpenDSS, CYMDIST, SynerGEE, etc., is preferred.
Organization and Job ID
Job ID: 307302
Directorate: Energy & Environment
Division: Electricity Infrastructure & Buildings
Group: Electricity Infrastructure