Manager, Talent Management Team
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
For more than 50 years, PNNL has advanced the frontiers of science and engineering in the service of our nation and the world. We apply our scientific expertise to tackle some of the most challenging problems in energy, the environment, and national security. PNNL has an operating budget of close to $1B and approximately 4,500 staff members.
In this newly created role, the leader of the Talent Management group will be responsible for designing and overseeing the implementation of the Lab’s talent management life cycle. This includes workforce planning, talent acquisition, student pipeline program management, leadership development, organizational design, performance management, succession planning and employee engagement. This leader, in collaboration with their team, will create of a set of solutions and experiences that will increase employee capabilities and enable our managers to lead effectively, create diverse and inclusive teams, develop their people, and deliver outstanding results.
• Drive development of talent management and the talent strategy, including workforce planning, succession planning and readiness, individual, team, and key talent/high-potential development, and performance management to address current and future business needs.
• Drive execution of the Talent Management strategy, integrating best practices/trends and performing analysis on effectiveness and competitiveness of existing talent management processes and programs.
• Integrate the Lab’s internship, research associate and university recruitment strategy with the overall workforce plan.
• Lead executive assessment and development processes, including executive coaching and learning programs and provides oversight of the talent management initiatives for top executive and senior leaders at PNNL ensuring development and succession plans are in place for each as appropriate.
• Serve as an internal Subject Matter Expert regarding talent management best practices as well as current trends and innovative new tools / methods.
• Lead organizational effectiveness initiatives in the areas of strategy, organizational assessment, change management, team development and employee engagement initiatives.
• In partnership with the HR Leadership Team and HR communications function, engage and connect management and employees with the Lab’s Talent Management program.
• Build the capability of our HR team and laboratory leaders to assess current talent and future talent needs. Design & drive a comprehensive talent assessment approach & framework for our businesses and HR teams to leverage to assess talent and define talent pipelines (line managers, key technical research leaders, and executives etc.).
• Partner with Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) and HR Managers to design and implement effective analytics and metrics.
Qualifications/Key Skills & Experiences:
• Trusted Advisor who can provide advice across multiple areas of expertise and is able to influence strategic and operational decisions.
• Strong Business Acumen and proven ability to leverage different perspectives to implement inclusive solutions that consider the full range of business impacts across different stakeholder groups.
• Stay informed of talent strategies that drive customer focused solutions.
• Possess a learning mindset - takes risks, learns quickly and adapts to develop improved approaches.
• Leverage Systems Thinking to ensure we are taking a holistic approach to capability building.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PNNL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse, talented workforce. EOE Disability/Vet/M/F/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Staff at PNNL must be able to demonstrate the legal right to work in the United States.
• Bachelor’s degree plus 8+ years relevant experience; or Master’s degree plus 6+ years of relevant experience. Preferred degree fields in Organizational Effectiveness, Human Resource Management, Psychology, Business, Communications or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
• 6-10+ years of experience in multiple domains within Talent Management function (diversity & inclusion), performance management, talent review/succession planning, career development, mobility, “HIPO” assessment development, strategic talent planning, team building, change management, organization development and design, strategic workforce planning, and leadership assessment. Preference for candidates who have created and implemented workforce and succession planning.
• Management experience should include, initiating, planning, executing, controlling, and closing processes.
• Experience and/or significant exposure in the following areas: leadership development, leadership assessment, team facilitation, change management, performance management, coaching executives, talent review and diversity.
• Excellent large and small group facilitation skills.
• Effective project management skills.
• Demonstrated customer service and collaboration at all levels of the organization.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Organization and Job ID
Job ID: 306839
Directorate: Human Resources
Group: Talent Management