Science Programs - High School SRI [ROSES] Software Research Intern (Academic)
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL) is seeking ambitious, high caliber junior or senior high school students for intern assignments within the ROSES Program (Research on the Science and Engineering of Signatures). This is a research-based experience for students who are traditionally underrepresented in science and engineering, specifically African American and Hispanic youth. The ROSES program was established at PNNL to increase the number of underrepresented minorities working at PNNL. Students work side-by-side with a scientist-mentor in a specific research area. Preference will be given to African American and Hispanic students seeking a STEM career.
The selected student will provide software design, documentation, manual-testing, automated-testing, configuration, maintenance, and data collection support to a number of projects utilizing web-based knowledge management and other technologies. Prior knowledge is a bonus but not a requirement for acceptance. Training will be provided.
**** BEFORE YOU APPLY ****
When asked to upload your resume to your application, you need to upload one (1) file that includes the following:
1. Cover Letter (include career aspirations and what you hope to learn during your internship)
3. Unofficial transcript
APPLICATIONS THAT DO NOT INCLUDE THE ITEMS ABOVE IN THEIR SINGLE PDF UPLOAD WILL BE DISQUALIFIED AS INCOMPLETE.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PNNL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse, talented workforce. EOE Disability/Vet/M/F/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Staff at PNNL must be able to demonstrate the legal right to work in the United States.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled as a sophomore or junior in a public or private high school.
- Applicants must be 16 years of age by June 2018.
- Applicants must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher (from beginning of 9th grade to current standing).
- Applicants must be Hispanic, African American, or Native American in ethnic origin.
1. Proficient in Microsoft program (excel, word, ppt, outlook)
2. Strong written, verbal, analytical, and interpersonal skills required
3. Must display maturity and high level of professionalism
4. Exposure or experience with problem solving, rapidly learning and adapting in a professional environment, general web development and testing methods preferred
Organization and Job ID
Job ID: 306678
Directorate: National Security
Division: Signatures Science and Technology
Group: Detection Systems